Antigua is an easy-going island where brightly painted buildings light up the hillsides and historic forts.
Once a British naval base, there’s still a very British influence in Nelson’s Dockyard and a colonial feel to the whole island. It’s very much about being on the water and evidence of this are the luxury yachts bobbing in the turquoise bays and harbours, showcasing Antigua’s glamorous side. Antigua may be only small but here you will find a beach for every day of the year. Choose from bustling stretches of powder white sand backed by bars or tuck yourself away on one of the little-visited deserted bays. Venture inland and you will pass coconut groves and banana plantations ending up at some of the most amazing view points from which to observe the islands natural beauty.
Why not pop over to Antigua’s smaller neighbour, Barbuda. Undeveloped and unspoilt with an authentic Caribbean feel and with just a small number of hotels this is the perfect place to escape for a few days during your stay. The island is a haven for wildlife, with the Frigate Bird Sanctuary located in the island’s north-western lagoon.
Why book Antigua & Barbuda with us?
- Special offers are available at many of our hotels, see the hotel descriptions for further details
- First hand destination knowledge which we would love to share with you
- Extentive range of hotels on both islands, we showcase some of our most popular properites but are able to assist with many more.
Temperatures range from the mid-twenties in the winter, to the high twenties in the summer with plenty of sunshine throughout the year. Antigua and Barbuda are the sunniest of the Eastern Caribbean Islands, with a low average annual rainfall and low humidity year-round. With cooling trade winds from the northeast, which drop off only in September, the islands enjoy pleasant temperatures and perfect conditions for water sports and especially sailing. July- October is the official hurricane season.
We have all loved our stays on these two gorgeous islands and would love to share our knowledge of them with you to make sure your dream holiday becomes a reality.
Some ideas of things for you to do whilst you are here – we have lots more tips and hidden treasures to share with you!
- Visit UNESCO world heritage sites area including Nelsons Dock Yard, Shirley Heights and Betty’s Hope
- Try the traditional dish of Fungee and Conch
- Make sure you go out at least once on a Catamaran Cruise to see Antigua at its best
- Enjoy a variety of local restaurants and bars in Falmouth or Jolly Harbour
- Enjoy a local drink at Anas on the Beach which also boasts an international art gallery